Saturday, September 21, 2013

Challenge 1 - 22-Sep-2013: Get OCA Certified



***

YAY! I have passed both the exams. I am now an 'Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate'. Or OCA in short. I am still awaiting the exact score for both, the SQL as well as PL/SQL exams that I gave yesterday.

So last week I had to take 2 days off (Thu and Fri) because the syllabus seemed way out of hand and I had failed miserably in my mock test. I studied my butt off to the moon on those two days and felt a little better.

On Saturday morning I gave my first exam at 10 am and (to everyone's surprise) I also gave my second exam on the same day at 1 pm. Giving 2 exams on the same day did make me nervous but in the end all was well because most of the questions were very similar to the mock test that I had given and this helped me to score immensely!

It feels great to complete my very first 30 day challenge and to obtain my very first industry certification too.

*** Update ***
Just got my scores from CertView in Oracle. I scored 98% for SQL and 96% for PL/SQL. Am I proud of myself or what! Below are the logos that I can now legitimately use and the certificates for my exams:






Do comment and let me know what you think and whether you have any ideas for my next 30 day challenge?


Reference Links:

***


No comments:

Post a Comment